64450- 50 modifier
You stated 5 nerves blocked bilateral which I set up as 5 separate line items with the bilateral procedure modifier.
Might need also
A additional note on the claim:
Documentation available upon request
A letter of medical necessity stating the purpose of the procedure and how the blocking this many nerves in one session could accomplish greater benefit for the patient versus doing only a lower number of levels. If the explanation makes sense then the carrier will feel that this quantity is justified.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join