I'm not aware of coding guidelines for fistula repairs. Code out what was repaired and see if anything is bundled. If there are bundling issues but the repairs are separate and distinct bill with -59. A lot of the time you will find that there are no codes for "fistula repair" and in that case you would code out the individual repairs. Eg. Colovaginal Fistula. You code a repair to the colon(colorrhaphy 44604 or resection with anastomosis 44140/5) and a repair to the vagina(57200).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join