You said you have brought this to your manager's attention already and were told to stick to the project you were given.
If you take it to the manager again, you might express you are concerned that if an audit picks up on these coding errors it would be bad for the organization as a whole. You could also take a copy of the AAPC Code of Ethics with you so you can show why you are so concerned about this personally as well.
Just be careful about stepping into an area you have specifically been told to stay out of. Hopefully this is audited by someone else, which may be why you have been told to stick to the facility side. Hpi can be tricky especially in an ER note.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join