Unfortunately, the subsequent code is the only code you can use because of the "family requested second opinion", even though it's the first time your doctor is seeing the patient. I'm curious if your doctor and Dr. D are of the same specialty? Would they ever cover call for each other? That would be another scenerio where your doc might see a patient for the first time (and possibly only) but would have to code a subsequent visit...
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join