I am very new to cardiology and would like to pick your brain. I have been doing some research on the above CPT codes and found a Q/A on the American Society of Echocardiography. I'm aware that CCI edits bundle these two codes but if the documentation does support two, different clinical issues, does the concept below still apply.
Question: Can a stress echo (93350, 93351) and TTE be reported on the same date of service by a single physician?
Answer: Transthoracic echocardiography (93303, 93304, 93306, 93307 or 93308) may be reported on the same date of service as a stress echo (93350 or 93351) for a different clinical circumstance. The modifier -59, Distinct Procedural Service, should be appended to the applicable TTE code.
Thanks for any input!
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join