if you look in the cpt book on page 33 paragraph 3 it states "If a preexisting problem is addressed in the process of performing this preventive medicine evaluation and management service, and if the problem or abnormality is significant enough to require additional work up to preform the key components of a problem oriented e/m then the appropriate problem oriented code 99201-99215 should also be reported. Mod 25 should also be added to the office/outpt code to indicate that a significant, SEPARATELY IDENTIFIABLE E/M SERVICE WAS PROVIDED BY THE SAME PHYSICIAN ON THE same day
the PREVENTIVE SERVICE. The appropriate preventive medicine service is additionally reported.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join