Yes you are correct....facet level injections are done at each intervertebral level and not each vertebrae. Thus in this case L2-L3 is one level for which the code would be 64475, L3-L4 would be second level for which the code would be 64476 and for L4-L5 it would be third level for which the code would be 64476 again. Thus it becomes 64475 and 64476 x 2. These are unilateral codes if done bilaterally would come with modifier 50 and if fluoroscopic guidance mentioned then it would also come with 77003.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join