My advice would be to code 29880 to include the partial medial meniscectomy as well as the debridement of the lateral meniscus.
The basis for this is that the description for 29877 states "Arthroscopy, knee, surgical; debridement/shaving of articular cartilage". The key words being "articular cartilage".
It would not be appropriate to code 29877 for the debridement of the lateral meniscus, as the meniscus is not considered articular cartilage.
Hope this helps!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join