The absolute correct way to do this is the use of the surgery code with the 56 modifier but you must have proof in the chart that this patient was referred for this preop by the surgeon. If not referred by the surgeon then it is an office visit level. If you look in your carriers guide there should be something regarding the use of this modifier. BCBS states they will reimburse 15% of the surgical allowable for the use of this modifier.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join