Ok, here is an example. A patient comes in with multiple lesions on the leg and back. Two lesions from the back are removed first, one is 1.0 cm and the other is 2.0 cm, the wound is closed with two layers. Two additional lesions are removed from the legs, one is 1.0 and the other is 2.0, the wound is closed with two layers. Here is what i come up with 11401, 11402, 11401, 11402, and 12032. I was told to code all the repairs seperately but according to the CPT guidelines you are to add them. Can someone please clarify as to how they are coding this and why ?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join