I always thought that if the patient was seen for abdominal pain, doctor recommends treatment, and then wants to see patient back in two weeks that abdominal pain for the two week followup would be appropriate to code because that is the whole reason for the followup. The doctor wanted to see them back to see if the treatment worked. It is great that it has resolved but it is the reason the patient is there.
I guess this is just one of those "grey" areas that we all have to deal with on a daily basis.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join