Hospital outpatient is not totally different but you need to know who is responsible for what in the facility. As in who assigns the E&M code, the coder or charge entry, and what codes are assigned thru the chargemaster, and what modifiers go thru the chargemaster. ALso know that facilities can have more that 1 E&M on the same day and there are modifiers for that as well. I am not sure about books but do a web search for OPPS and APCs and you should have more to read than you want!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join