Hereâ€™s the CMS Physician Fee schedule
click on accept, it goes to the next pg, under type of information select all, type in your CPT in the HCPCS code spot, and in the bottom scroll bar select all modifiers, hit submit.
On the next page it will tell, the global period for the code you typed in, you even check to see if you can bill for an assistant surgeon, and if modifier 50 is applicable to the procedure.
Modifiers for assistant surgeon are
0-assistant surgeon may be paid w/ documentation
1-assitant surgeon cannot be paid
2-assitant surgeon can be paid
9- assistant surgeon concept does not apply
1-modifier 50 does apply
2-indicates the procedure by definition is bilateral
0-due to anatomy procedure can not be bilateral
9-bilateral concept does not apply
I only add the above because it took some digging to find a what these modifiers meant and I use this website every day.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join