"STS says that you should only bill 33870, "if direct anastomosis of graft to the descending aorta with a side of graft to end of head vessel island (including the grafting or re-implantation of the brachiocephalic, left common carotid and left subclavian arteries) anastomosis is performed. It would not be appropriate to report this code when only the lesser curve of the arch is done. You should not bill for the transverse arch (elephant trunk procedure) if the head vessels are not touched. Code 33870 should not be coded if hemi-arch is performed."
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join