Brandi, thank you for sharing...I've been wondering about this for same time as I have encounted a similar situation with another major payer regarding the use of 99058 (Yes, some payers DO pay on this!) and was informed by a customer service rep that modifier 25 would over-ride the "incidental" edit. My reaction was similar to yours, EXCEPT I wasn't sure how to proceed, other than to know that following this advice wasn't right so have stepped into the arena of untraveled paths! If this was a payer specific issue, it sure seemed wrong. Was not sure how to fight, but figured I'd get started. Your appeal letter just furnished additional ammo and thank you for sharing.
I hope those who are more experienced with dealing with the "big names of insurances" will jump in. Keep us informed, please!
---Suzanne E. Byrum CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join