Per a private response I received from the AMA CPT Network, where I described in my question the manfacturerer's rep arriving at the patient's appointment and the physician "present and available" to assist while the manufacturer rep uses the computer or hand held device to program the IPG. Was this a reported service with 95972.
Their response was that CPT codes are for reporting for services providing by physician and non physician providers. And that it would be inappropriate to report for a service provided by manufactuer's tech.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join