Post operative care - whether in the hospital or back in the office - is reimbursed as part of the surgical package.
Some practices use the 99024 code for every visit, including subsequent hospital visits and discharge day management. Our practice, however, only uses 99024 for the post-op office visits. We simply do not code the subsequent hospital visits at all. (Unless, of course, there is a documented unrelated reason for a visit ... VERY rare.)
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join