V42.0 indicates pt has had a kidney transplant. This is used in addition to the presenting problem (anemia, for example) code. For transplant recipients, this code is added for most visits as it is an ongoing condition influencing their health status and medical decision making.
You are correct regarding no longer coding the ESRD as the V42.0 reflects their current status.
Hope this helps.
Patty - CPC, CPC-H
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join