it's probably a diagnosis code/procedure code mismatch
70491 is soft tissue of the neck while 723.1 is intended for pain in the/caused by cervical spine.
if this was CT soft tissue of the neck, you probably want 784.1 for a diagnosis
if this was CT of the cervical spine, then 723.1 would be appropriate.
(of course, it all depends on what was really ordered, done, and documented).
Donna J Richmond
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join