Would like some input from my peers on how I am coding this:
Pt's IUD is laying sideways in the uterine cavity and one end is embedded into the right lower endometrium.
Diagnoses: 1. Abnormal position of intrauterine device
2. Pelvic pain, acute
Procedure: Hysteroscopy and removal of mal-positioned IUD. (Done as outpt at hosp)
This is what I want to code:
996.32 and 625.9 with procedure code 58562.
I do not want to add 58301 because I think that is accounted for in 58562. Would it hurt if I also added V25.12 as another diagnosis?
Thanks for any input on this!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join