Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fecal Transplants

Question Fecal Transplants

Promo: Code Books
    Is anyone billing for fecal transplants. I am not sure if it would go as an unlisted procedure with the dictation to support it or if this is billed as a 45378. Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

I would code the colonoscopy portion as 45378.

However, there must be some other codes for preparation of the 'transplant'. I don't know about that. Not looking forward to talking to patients about it though!

We use 44799.

Bridgette Martin LPN, CPC, CGIC

Can I ask how much you charge for that? We are new to this and since the coding for this is unlisted, there is no information in our fee analyzer on what to charge.

Thanks.

We were just talking about this yesterday, as we had another fecal transplant. That was a Medicare patient and they only paid $10 more than a 45378. I can tell you the one I just coded yesterday, we decided to just use 45378. That decision was based on the documentation, and the fact it was a Medicare patient.
    Last edited by bridgettemartin; 04-07-2012 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Charge amount removed
    Bridgette Martin LPN, CPC, CEMC, CGIC

I've heard about plenty of codes for colonoscopy and removing things but never one for colonoscopy and putting something in!

I'd be careful about discussions of exact amount of charges as the feds can apparently get you for price fixing. I know it's crazy.

Default Fecal transplants

Does anyone have current information on fecal transplants? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

Default Updated info on FMT

In 2013, they will be adding CPT 44703 to meet this criteria. No word yet on if CMS will cover it.

Smile Here is the new code

The code is 44705. "Preparation of fecal microbiota for installation, including assessment of donor specimen." So you would first code the colonoscopy 45378 then the 44705.

Our facility is doing fecal transplants but they are inserting it with an NG tube. Any ideas of how to code? In looking around it's kind of looking like 44799, but then what price do you use or G0455. Thoughts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast