Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to become a proctor?

Smile How to become a proctor?

I was wondering how does one proctor a CPC exam? I am all for volunteering my time and helping out in any way I can.

Thanks for any input!!
    Kelly Long CPC, CFE
    Manager Audit and Compliance

Default RE:

Check with your local AAPC chapter. I have been asked to proctor before, but my schedule did not allow.

Tammy

Quote Originally Posted by KellyCPC/CFE View Post
    I was wondering how does one proctor a CPC exam? I am all for volunteering my time and helping out in any way I can.

Thanks for any input!!
    Get in touch with your local chapter officers. First, your chapter needs to host exams, so if they don't you might suggest it...I believe there is a reimbursement from the academy to the chapter if they host exams. Usually the chapter officers are the proctors, but you can offer your services and they can turn in an alternate proctor form with your signature. (I'm not certain on the terminology). You do have to be a member of the chapter.

Default Reimbursement

Chapters are required to proctor exams, they do get reimbursed $10 per person that takes the exam, and they get reimbursed for the mailing expense.

They are also giving back to the members and future certified coders, and that is very important!

I have attempted to reach the Des Plaines chapter and still have not rcvd a response. It is unfortunate that no one can bother to respond to my requests to help out the local chapter.
    Kelly Long CPC, CFE

Kelly,

I am the president of the DC chapter, you can come proctor for us! LOL!

Machelle

LOL... I think a day trip from IL to DC would not go over to well with my husband...
    Kelly Long CPC, CFE

Default Overnight?

LOL ... Kelly, would your hubby like it better if you stayed overnight? How about a whole weekend? Road trip!
    F Tessa Bartels, CPC

Sounds good to me. Maybe I should switch to the Milwaukee chapter since I live on the IL/WIS border....
    Kelly Long CPC, CFE

Default Cpc=p

Join a local chapter and volunteer. I am an officer and the President of our local chapter asked the officers for volunteers.

Janie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast