What help are you needing? There are no CCI edits in place that would bundle a cerumen removal with a T&A surgery. Not sure a 59 modifier should be necessary. If the procedure was done and the doctor says it was medically necessary then it should be billed and I would fight the denial.
While 69210 does not usually require anesthesia, there are times when it is needed. For example, when the child is too young to sit still enough for it to be done in office. Also, just because this is a "simple procedure", that shouldn't negate it from being reimbursed.
Every company is looking at the bottom line these days and that does make our job more stressful. Not sure if that helps but...good luck!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join