Without actually seeing the documentation from both physicians, it's hard to give you an accurate response. However ...
You'll only get one E/M out of this. You can use all the documentation to arrive at your level of service for the Admission. In your scenario Doctor B will be the billing provider.
It is possible that you may have a critical care situation (can't tell if I haven't seen the notes, however). Again, only one bill but you can combine all the time documented if both documented critical care time of 30 min or more.
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join