Fluoro injections

1. Default Fluoro injections
    Exam Training Packages
    My physicians do fluoro-guided hip injections fairly often in the OR with anesthesia. Am I able to bill both the 77003 and the 27095? We've just been billing the 27095 but info I've recently come upon, if I'm reading it correctly, says to bill for both. If that's correct, is there a modifier on either code?

Thanks!!

fluoroscopic guidance is included in the 73525 for the radiographic s&i for hip arthrography. If you read the lay description of 73525 it states using fluroscopy...
    I hope this helps,
    Angie

3. Default
    The 73525 includes radiological supervision and interpretation, which is not done while our physicians are performing the procedure. It's done in the OR without the radiologist present. So I'm still a bit confused on what we should be billing........

4. Default Fluoro injections (second request)
    Any other thoughts???

5. Default
    In my coding companion from Ingenix it states for 73525 :

This code reports the radiological supervision and interpretation for hip arthrography.
    Using a fluoroscope, the physician marks the point of the femoral neck . . . . . etc.

so it does include the fluoroscope.

If you don't have the books "Coding Companion " from Ingenix, you should get one. They are great and describe surgical procedures. They have them for all the different
    specialties. Hope this has helped.

6. Default
    I'm just wondering if I code the 27095 along with the 77003? Because the radiologist is not present, the other code would not apply (?).

Quote Originally Posted by genortho View Post
    I'm just wondering if I code the 27095 along with the 77003? Because the radiologist is not present, the other code would not apply (?).
    I agree that the fluoro guidance should be coded along with the injection. However, I would consider looking at 77002 instead of 77003; 77003 is for spine or SI joint. But, of course, I don't have the procedure note to review LOL ...just a suggestion
    Meagan Strauss, CPC, CEMC
    Coding Coordinator
    The NeuroMedical Center
    Baton Rouge, LA

8. Default
    Thanks!!!! Would a modifier be appropriate on either one of the codes?

Quote Originally Posted by genortho View Post
    Thanks!!!! Would a modifier be appropriate on either one of the codes?
    If the fluoro equipment is in a separate facility (not owned by the provider you are billing for), then it will need modifier 26 for Prof component only. If your provider does own the equipment, then he can bill global, no modifier needed. The injection itself shouldn't need any modifiers, unless it isn't the only procedure being done that day.
    Meagan Strauss, CPC, CEMC
    Coding Coordinator
    The NeuroMedical Center
    Baton Rouge, LA