Hello, 99291 is for the first 30-74 minutes & 99292 is for each additional 30 minutes. Refer to the Critical Care Code section in your CPT book. There is a Critical care table(Total Duration of Critical Care Codes) that lists the number of minutes for 99291 & 99292 and it tells you how many times you would list 99292 based on the time spent with pt. Time spent with pt in your case is 113 minutes so you would code 99291 once and 99292 twice.(105-134 minutes). Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join