Not sure in what context you are needing the information for the codes. But I work in the billing/coding department in behavioral medicine. We use the codes as follows:
90862 - med. mgt. We use this when we have a patient that comes in the clinic for med checks, refills, etc. We also use this code for our Suboxone Clinics as well.
90805 - is for med mgt and for therapy with the patient. The appointment may have been scheduled for therapy but ended up the medication needed adjusting or maybe wanted to start them on a new medication. Typically only 20-30 minutes long for the appointment.
Your CPT book will also give you a description of each code.
Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join