Yes! 99051 is appropriate to be used when services are provided on regularly scheduled evening, weekend, and/or holiday hours.
One word of caution-- Be aware that many insurance companies will consider this a "non-covered" service. Which means that this charge will need to be forwarded on to the patient and can not be written off or adjusted.
Also, keep in mind code 99050 in the occurence that services are ever provided OUTSIDE of normally schedule office hours.
Hope this information helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join