Dysport Injections

1. Default Dysport Injections
    Medical Coding Books
    I need help. I am billing and coding a J0586 dysport with 64612 destroy facial muscle. I am using 1 unit for the destroy facial muscle and 24 units for the dysport. Blue cross keeps denying for incorrect coding. Can someone help me and tell me what I am doing Wrong. The diagnosis im using is 333.81.
    Last edited by riverloverjen38@yahoo.com; 11-07-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by riverloverjen38@yahoo.com View Post
    I need help. I am billing and coding a J0586 dysport with 64612 destroy facial muscle. I am using 1 unit for the destroy facial muscle and 24 units for the dysport. Blue cross keeps denying for incorrect coding. Can someone help me and tell me what I am doing Wrong. The diagnosis im using is 333.81.
    So your physician is using 120 units of injected drug? Just trying to clarify, since the descriptor indicates for 5 Units. Also may want to check with BC to see what their policy is regarding using this J Code.

David Keown, CPC, OCS

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 11:27 PM
  2. Injections-What is the
    By relyard in forum Medicare Regulations
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-20-2012, 04:18 PM
  3. Dysport injection coding
    By riverloverjen38@yahoo.com in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-10-2011, 09:37 PM