I also noticed that its only billing companies registered on the xternship site which leaves me to believe hospitals are not interested in having anyone intern in their HIM department. I wanted someone to share some insight about their internship at the billing companies, what exactly do they do? Are you allowed to code on the first day, or start off doing collections? And if they were hired by the company on completion of their internship? It seems as though you have to know someone working in a hospital to get an internship in that facility.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join