Unfortunately, I don't believe Medicare will give "preapprovals" for services. Also, if it is a product that is considered experimental still, or if you would have to use an "unlisted procedure" CPT code, there probably isn't much hope of getting it paid for. Very sad because many times some of the best treatments are too expensive. I was very interested to read about this though, because one of the specialists I code for does wound care...I think I will mention it to her.
Best of luck,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join