Inclusive???

Smile Inclusive???
    Medical Coding Books
    Is there any way to see if something is inclusive other than getting a denial or trial and error?

Thank you.:

Default Claimcheck
    I am having issues too. Are you speaking of claimcheck? Tricare? BCBS? We are having issues with both.

Quote Originally Posted by SLP77 View Post
    Is there any way to see if something is inclusive other than getting a denial or trial and error?

Thank you.:
    CMS's NCCI Edits is usually a good place to start; here's the link:

https://www.cms.gov/NationalCorrectC....asp#TopOfPage

Select the code range for the codes you are dealing with, and it lists the codes that it considers included in a spreadsheet.
    Meagan Strauss, CPC, CEMC
    Coding Coordinator
    The NeuroMedical Center
    Baton Rouge, LA

Thank you mhstrauss. We have been using the NCCI but it's not showing anything. I was just wondering if there was another way other to know other than being told all the time.

Ipick.
    I was just talking in the general sense. I've not heard of claimcheck yet.
    I used to work in follow up so I got real used to what was consider inclusive but now when coding it kind of changes things. Looks like I got my work cut out for me.
    Thank you.

Thank you mhstrauss. We have been using the NCCI but it's not showing anything. I was just wondering if there was another way other to know other than being told all the time.
    Any particular scenario you want advice on? I know all payers have their quirks about inclusions and such...really makes it difficult to know what you can actually code and still be compliant
    Coding Coordinator
    The NeuroMedical Center
    Baton Rouge, LA

Ipick.
    I was just talking in the general sense. I've not heard of claimcheck yet.
    I used to work in follow up so I got real used to what was consider inclusive but now when coding it kind of changes things. Looks like I got my work cut out for me.
    Thank you.
    I'm the same way. I handled United Healthcare denials before I got my cert, and just got used to the way they did things.
    Coding Coordinator
    The NeuroMedical Center
    Baton Rouge, LA

I feel for you on the UHC. I know how they are as well. Thank you but I don't have anything to give you.
    I'm sorry. I thought maybe there was something else out there that might help but from what I can tell it's trial and error. Again thank you.

Some payors, including UHC, have claims/payment estimators on their websites. You put in the codes and diagnoses and it shows you how it will pay. Not foolproof but very helpful. I mainly rely the CMS NCCI Edits but not all payors follow them. Also, depending on your specialty the Coding Companion books have a lot of information on what is commonly considered to be inclusive.

Thank you fishbite2.