We've all had the same issue. You can fax or mail a reopening form to Trailblazer. I'm sure that your medicare carrier has the same procedure for correcting administrative errors.
What is a Reopening?
A reopening is not an appeal right. It is an action taken to correct an error in response to suspected fraud, an error made by official sources, clerical errors or in response to the receipt of information not available or known to exist at the time a decision was issued for a service.
Conditions and Time Frames for Reopenings
Reopenings are limited to the specific time frames and conditions listed below:
Up to 12 months after the initial determination or redetermination date for any reason.
Twelve months to four years for â€śgood cause.â€ť
â€śGood causeâ€ť must be established to perform a reopening. â€śGood causeâ€ť exists when:
New and material evidence is presented that was not readily available at the time of the redetermination.
There is an error on the face of the evidence on which the decision was based or there was a clerical error in the claim file.
Any time an inquiry brings to attention an obvious error in the claim decision based on the information in the record or the error resulted from a claim processing error.
Any time the determination or redetermination decision was procured by fraud or similar fault.
For information about how to request a reopening, please select the appropriate Part A or Part B link below.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join