Have you tried calling the insurance company to explain in detail the denial.
If the patient has not had any other surgery other than the ACL 9 months ago, then the insurance company has definitely processed this claim incorrectly. You can do an appeal, but I still would try the telephone call first; that may be all it takes. Make sure and get the name of the customer service rep you talk with and possible a reference number on your phone call.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join