AAPC - Back to school

Thread: question re: 96376- multiple non-chemo drugs

Default question re: 96376- multiple non-chemo drugs

AAPC: Back to School
    I was wondering about if you mix in a single bag 2 or 3 non-chemo infusions ( I read that this would be defined as initial or sequential infusion) 96367 but if all 3 separate infuse simultaneously through multi-lumen line it would be concurrent 96368. Ok I understand that, but the question is do I still charge 96367 x3 since there are 3 separate ones mixed? I couldn’t really find anything that stated this and I was asked this from the clinic manager so I wanted to try to make sure I understand this and am doing correctly. And I already have a initial primary chemo 96413.

You can only code 1 infusion code if all the drugs are mixed in one bag. You can code only 1 concurrent infusion, but the drugs must be ran at the same time in SEPARATE bags. So, you should just code 1 96367 if all the drugs have been admixed in addition to your initial. I know, it sucks we lose admin charges when the drugs are given this way, but thats the way it is.
    Hope this helped.

yes, so if they are given one after the other 20-30 mins apart after initial can you do the 96367 x3?
    thanks for the help

You can use 96367 for each drug, as long they are not admixed in the same bag.

Similar Threads

1. billing sequential chemo drugs 96417 multiple units
    By robinpich in forum Hematology/Oncology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-05-2015, 01:33 PM
  2. Using 96413 for non-chemo drugs
    By MnTwins29 in forum Hematology/Oncology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-06-2014, 10:29 AM
  3. Coding Multiple chemotherapy drugs
    By KK2013 in forum Hematology/Oncology
    Replies: 4