0232T is the correct code. Using 86999 is not correct for PRP injections. Medicare has no RVUs attached to 0232T as it is a tracking code (to see if there is really a need for a permanent code). Some carriers pay for it, some don't. Medicare does not pay for it. Also, those that do cover it, only pay for it when performed by itself, it is inclusive when performed with a primary procedure. Per coding convention (and found at the beginning of the Category III codes) when a Category III code exists, using an unlisted code is incorrect. Coding/billing 86999 in order to get paid, when a code exists, is fraud.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join