What did you tell them about it? I will give one example of what I do when I am educating providers. On the data points, I take my audit tool, give the provider a copy, and go step by step what each one of the areas mean where points may be earned. First line on my audit tool in data points is for labs. So, I will explain there is one data point for ordering lab tests, being careful to explain that no matter how many lab tests are ordered, they account for only one data point. Then will do the same for radiology, medicine section, reviewing old records and so on.
Does this sound like what you do?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join