my opinion is: TCA (trichloroacetic acid), doesn't full under those codes for destruction; 56501 is "destruction of lesions(s), vulva;simple (eg, laser surgery, electrosurgery, cryosurgery, chemosurgery). TCA is an acid use. They often try TCA first, before cryosurgery because cryo is very painful. So, I think the E/M is the more appropriate way to code this. (going by the information you gave)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join