in my opinion: (and you didn't post the note so I can't say for certain) - it doesn't appear to have a sick visit - If the patient does have hypercholesterolemia, and it's on going (chronic)... nothing new, I wouldn't call it a "sick" visit and it doesn't justify a extra E/M level to me. Is the patients 272.0 an ongoing issue that is watched by this provider? Does documentation support both services? Can the services "stand alone"? if you score it out does it meet the requirements of a level 2? I've never coded a 99401 with adult preventive visits - only on well child visits - so I don't have any opinion on that sorry...
In short - yes, the preventive and E/M w/mod can be coded/billed same day IF documentatin supports it.
could you post the note? (maybe my opinion might change)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join