Here is the lay description of 21235 from Encoder Pro
The physician reconstructs an area of the face, chin, nose, or ear with a cartilage graft harvested from the ribs. The physician makes a small incision near the sternum through the pectoralis muscle exposing the rib where the bone and cartilage meet. Cartilage is removed from the area and the donor site is closed directly. The physician may make lower eyelid incisions to expose the defect area of the face or nose. Recipient sites of the chin or the ear may also be prepared for the rib cartilage graft. The graft is placed and held in place with wires, plates, or screws. The incisions are sutured with a layered closure. Report 21235 if ear cartilage is harvested for a graft to the nose or ear.
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join