The Gel Port system is used to permit abdominal access and frequent instrument exchange during surgery without compromising the peritoneum.
Laparoscopic surgery is a keyhole surgery.
Open surgery requires major, long incisions.
As per your doctor report, there were no major, long incisions made.
Anastamosis was done and part of the intestine was excised.
So, I would use code 44204 (Laparoscopy, surgical; enterectomy, resection of small intestine, colectomy, partial, with anastomosis).
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join