When coding a lesion excision you use the largest diameter documented plus the documeted margin but if the margins are not documented then you can only use the largest documented diameter. In you case that would be 3cm, if the provider also documented that he had say 2cm margins then you add the margins for each side of the lesion so it would be 3 cm(the lesion diameter) + 2cm (the left side margin + 2cm The rt side margin = 7cm total excised diameter.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join