A.D.A.M.Definition: A stroke which cannot be attributed to any specific cause after an extensive search for the most common causes, such as cardiac and other emboli, large or small artery thrombi or atherosclerosis.
Also Known As: stroke of unknown cause
There are several different codes, but I would need to know if there was a hemorrhage, occlusion, if there was a disease process, or if this is needed to be a late effect code. I would query the physician.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join