well the dictation is a bit different than what i am used to but i will give it my best shot !!
This is what I am understanding the physician did:
bicep tenotomy 29999 cannot bill to medicare or bc (at least in my area-iowa)
debrided the labrum due to tear and capsule due to chondromalacia 29823
all three are billable except depending on the insurance for the 29999
i am a bit confused on this language in the AC joint starting after the biceps tenotomy and talking about the capsular release with a straight biter -- to me that means a debridement
please let me know if i can help further
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join