Technically, if it was unplanned, the correct modifier is 78 - you may have to appeal with records if that's the case. But, if there was a possibility that the lens would need to be adjusted from the beginning (I'm not sure if that's a common thing or not - sorry) - then you might need to use modifier 58 - see the definition in appendix A for more info. 79 is definitely incorrect, so don't use that.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join