I work in an Ambulatory Surgery Center; we had a patient who came in for cataract removal 66984 on 10/25/11 and he had to come back on 10/26/11 to reposition the lens 66825. He went to the OR on both days. I billed Medicare with the 78 modifier first and they didn't like that, then I billed with the 79 modifier and they didn't like that either. Please any other suggestions. Do I need to use both or something else?
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join