Lap chole w/cbd injury.. Need help!!!

Exclamation Lap chole w/cbd injury.. Need help!!!
    Exam Training Packages
    Hello fellow coders,
    I have a question, one of the surgeons had performed a lap chole but there was injury to the common bile duct during the procedure, as the facility can i bill this separately for repair or is it included in the lap chole? i have never had to deal with this before so looking for guidance

Thanks in advance
    Julie S., CPC
    Anesthesia Coder
    Education Officer, Cleveland Area Chapter 2016
    Email: medcoder05@gmail.com

2. Default
    Was the injury actually caused during/due to the procedure?

If so, I would think that you could NOT bill for this as it was caused by the surgeon/surgery.

Hope this helps!
    Tracey Thompson, CPC, CPPM

injury was caused during surgery cath placement caused this occurance and had to be corrected, this was NOT pre-existing. i am just uncertain as to billing, first time billing for facility.

Thanks for your quick response!
    Julie S., CPC
    Anesthesia Coder

4. Default ID Number
    I had recently attended the coding class that was on 14 November at the Poland Library and did'nt have my ID number with me at the time. Therefore I'm sending my AAPC number (01197455) and current thru: Jul 2012. Thank you for a great class with all of the current updates.

Anna Sittig

Default lap chole
    Hi the injury and repair due to surgery, so we need not to bill for bile duct repair this happens due to surgeon mistake so insurance wont pay for repair service.

Thank you all for your input, i just billed claim as normal, i just didnt know because i have never worked for asc before, wasnt sure if i needed to do anything

again, thanks for all of your input!
    Julie S., CPC
    Anesthesia Coder

Default member number
    anna, thank you, i will pass this onto phyllis. you are more than welcome for the class
    Julie S., CPC
    Anesthesia Coder