There are 4 new renal angiogram codes for 2012, and they include all work of the angiogram - catheterization, injections, imaging, S & I, post processing, pressure measurements, etc. They also include any accessory renal arteries, so no additional codes for those anymore.
36251 and 36253 are unilateral - (1st order selective - 36251; 2nd order or higher - 36253)
36252 and 36254 are bilateral.
It's important to note that 36253 and 36254 are one or more branches.
ACR has published an article discussing these and other new radiology codes. http://www.acr.org/Hidden/Economics/...de-Update.aspx
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join