Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

E/M Quick Reference Helpful or Confusing?

Default Here's the second version...
    Exam Training Packages
    Thanks for the input! I'm working on dividing the first version up for Outpatient versus Inpatient/Facility...Meanwhile, here's an alternate version of just the Problem E/M codes with their requirements...

This chart's not quite as busy, but I think the first one is more user-friendly -
    I wasn't able to include the #'s of minutes associated with each code, or any info on selecting the History, Exam, or MDM. It also lacks the preventive exams and critical care info (which I personally thought was the most useful part of the first version, since it boils nearly all of the guidelines into those little charts)...

Thoughts?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default I guess the practice question answers would help...
    The first one is: A. 99468-25, 93303-26
    Second: C. 99233
    Third: B. 99219

Default Now THIS is busy!
    I managed to squish my original chart onto one page...lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by btadlock1 View Post
    Any takers? Surely someone has an opinion on it!
    I just took a look at your chart Brandi! I think it's very detailed, yes it's busy but I do agree with why it is "busy". I really like how you have the breakdown on page 2 with cpt's that are included in_____.

I think I just might utilize this chart, if you don't mind, I think personally it will help me with the pediatric e/m's as I don't do too much with ped's but with the detailed info you have on the chart, it makes it easier!

Would you mind if I printed these and handed them out to my chapter members? I'd be sure to give you the credit due .

Thanks,
    Roxanne Thames CPC, CPC-I, CEMC
    rthamescpci@gmail.com

"Remember the greatest gift is not found in the store but in the heart of true friends"

Quote Originally Posted by rthames052006 View Post
    I just took a look at your chart Brandi! I think it's very detailed, yes it's busy but I do agree with why it is "busy". I really like how you have the breakdown on page 2 with cpt's that are included in_____.

I think I just might utilize this chart, if you don't mind, I think personally it will help me with the pediatric e/m's as I don't do too much with ped's but with the detailed info you have on the chart, it makes it easier!

Would you mind if I printed these and handed them out to my chapter members? I'd be sure to give you the credit due .

Thanks,
    Thanks!
    Please do share! If it helps anybody with learning E/M, then it's a success!

For those who don't have Microsoft Word, I've finally managed to upload it in picture-format. Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Default
    Nice but a little busy and could somewhat confusing for someone new to E&M coding. Go to www.donself.com and look at his E&M coding tool. Your same idea but not a busy...Good work though!

Default Who is the intended audience?
    Quote Originally Posted by btadlock1 View Post
    I made this quick reference for E/M, but I need some objective opinions on its usefulness...I had to save it as 2 different files to make it all fit. Take a look at it, and see if you think it's easy to figure out, or if there's anything you think I should change to make it better...I appreciate the feedback!
    Brandi,
    Who is the intended audience for this chart? I find it busy and somewhat confusing, and I already know how to code E/M.

Just in terms of design ... you should not mix horizontal and vertical writing, which forces someone to be constantly rotating the page to read things.

I second the opinions that say you should separate outpatient from inpatient (though I'd include ER and Observation codes in the "inpatient" chart).

I applaud your efforts to get everything into a concise "flowchart" ... it's a Herculean task!

Hope that's helpful.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC

8. Default
    I could not open the files. Would you mind emailing them to esvagirl@hotmail.com

Thanks
    Gaye Muslimani

9. Default E/M coding in the state of Texas
    Does anyone know if the 95 or the 97 guidelines are used in the state of Texas for E/M coding?

10. Default
    Brandi-
    Do you mind emailing me too the file? I couldn't open it. slcox@skaggs.net. Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast