Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

E/M Quick Reference Helpful or Confusing?

Question E/M Quick Reference Helpful or Confusing?
    Medical Coding Books
    I made this quick reference for E/M, but I need some objective opinions on its usefulness...I had to save it as 2 different files to make it all fit. Take a look at it, and see if you think it's easy to figure out, or if there's anything you think I should change to make it better...I appreciate the feedback!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Well???
    Any takers? Surely someone has an opinion on it!

It has all the info needed....but it seems a little busy. I'm sure once someone gets used to it they'll be able to fly right through!

Deanna
    CPC, CEMC

Quote Originally Posted by dja214 View Post
    It has all the info needed....but it seems a little busy. I'm sure once someone gets used to it they'll be able to fly right through!

Deanna
    CPC, CEMC
    I appreciate it! I did what I could to condense it as much as possible, but with all of the requirements, it was hard to not make it busy...I've got a second version I'm putting together that's a little different, so I'll put it on here tomorrow for comparison. Thanks again!

I'll be more than happy to look at it and let you know what I think.
    Deanna Anderson, CPC, CEMC

Lightbulb
    I had these practice questions in mind when I made this - it seems more practical when you're able to use it...

20-day-old infant was seen in the ER by the neonatologist admitting the baby to NICU for cyanosis and rapid breathing. The neonatologist performed intubation, ventilation management and a complete echocardiogram in the NICU and provided a report for the echocardiography which did indicate congenital heart disease. Select the correct code(s) for the physician service.

A. 99468-25, 93303-26
    B. 99471-25, 31500, 94002, 93303
    C. 99460-25, 31500, 94002, 93303
    D. 99291-25, 93303

A patient was admitted yesterday to the hospital for possible gallstones. The following day the physician who admitted the patient performed a detailed history, a detailed exam and a medical decision making of low complexity. The physician tells her the test results have come back positive for gallstones and is recommending having a cholecystectomy. What code should be reported for this evaluation and management service?

A. 99253
    B. 99221
    C. 99233
    D. 99234

A patient came in to the ER with wheezing and a rapid heart rate. The ER physician documents a comprehensive history, comprehensive exam and medical decision of moderate complexity. The patient has been given three nebulizer treatments. The ER physician has decided to place him in observation care for the acute asthma exacerbation. The ER physician will continue examining the patient and will order additional treatments until the wheezing subsides. Select the appropriate code(s) for this visit.

A. 99284, 99219
    B. 99219
    C. 99284
    D. 99235

How about separating the O/V EM tools and a separate one for ER/ Observation. might be easy to use.

Quote Originally Posted by btadlock1 View Post
    I had these practice questions in mind when I made this - it seems more practical when you're able to use it...

20-day-old infant was seen in the ER by the neonatologist admitting the baby to NICU for cyanosis and rapid breathing. The neonatologist performed intubation, ventilation management and a complete echocardiogram in the NICU and provided a report for the echocardiography which did indicate congenital heart disease. Select the correct code(s) for the physician service.

A. 99468-25, 93303-26
    B. 99471-25, 31500, 94002, 93303
    C. 99460-25, 31500, 94002, 93303
    D. 99291-25, 93303

A patient was admitted yesterday to the hospital for possible gallstones. The following day the physician who admitted the patient performed a detailed history, a detailed exam and a medical decision making of low complexity. The physician tells her the test results have come back positive for gallstones and is recommending having a cholecystectomy. What code should be reported for this evaluation and management service?

A. 99253
    B. 99221
    C. 99233
    D. 99234

A patient came in to the ER with wheezing and a rapid heart rate. The ER physician documents a comprehensive history, comprehensive exam and medical decision of moderate complexity. The patient has been given three nebulizer treatments. The ER physician has decided to place him in observation care for the acute asthma exacerbation. The ER physician will continue examining the patient and will order additional treatments until the wheezing subsides. Select the appropriate code(s) for this visit.

A. 99284, 99219
    B. 99219
    C. 99284
    D. 99235
    Can you post the answers.

Thank you

P.S I really like the tool and I appreciate your time and effort.

9. Default
    I know this took a lot of effort as I tried to do something similar. Yours is much better. I know it looks busy at first glance but the whole E/M is in this and it is very helpful.

Default E/M tool
    I believe this is a great tool but there is a lot on there. I would try to make multiple sheets. I would divide it out by topic. Like have one sheet for Critical Care and then have one for ER. Also the questions you created look great

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast