I'd probably consider these first:
1. V72.61 - Antibody response examination
2. V73.89 Special Screening for other specified viral diseases
If those wouldn't work, look at these:
V71.89 Observation for other specified suspected conditions not found (if the test is negative) with maybe V02.9 - Carrier or Suspected carrier of other specified infectious organism as a secondary code, or as a primary code, if the test were to come back positive
V64.08 - vaccination not carried out because patient had the disease being vaccinated against
It may take a combination of codes to describe the situation, and it may still require an appeal - Get an ABN. I know the secondary said they'd pay if it's coded correctly, but just as soon as you trust that information, you'll get a denial from them stating that they don't cover expenses disallowed by Medicare, and you'll be stuck with lost revenue. If her plan is through a big payer (like BCBS/UHC/Aetna/etc.), try checking their clinical/medical policy bulletins on the titre to find the list of medically necessary covered indications for performing the test - they might have a list of covered diagnosis codes available there, and if not, they'll at least have specific enough terminology to point you in the right direction. (Ask provider services where to go, if you can't find the info). They can't tell you how to bill, but they can tell you what indications are covered for the services. Hope that helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join